The manual, electric or hydraulic moving bulkhead ensures that the entire load is unloaded from your moving floor trailer.
But how does it work?
When the moving floor system moves, the rug and the moving bulkhead will move as a result of the friction. Because everything moves backwards, the moving floor trailer stays clean after unloading, even the smallest parts of the load will certainly be unloaded.
A manual, electric or hydraulic moving bulkhead
The choice for your moving floor trailer is yours: a manual (with or without brushes), an electric or a hydraulic moving bulkhead? In case of the electric and hydraulic moving bulkhead, you will be faster on the road, as the moving bulkhead takes quicker its position in the front of the trailer .
Wondering which version is the most suitable for your needs?
Download the PDF file at the bottom of this page to see the different versions of the walking floor moving bulkhead in detail.
Using the moving bulkhead in 5 steps
The bulkhead and rug can be reached via the opening rear doors or the hydraulically operated folding door of your moving floor trailer.
How do you use the bulkhead?
- Detach the rubber bands which keep the moving bulkhead in position.
- Detach the floor sheet from the moving bulkhead and spread it out over the loading floor as far as possible.
- Ensure that the track rails for the moving bulkhead on both sides of the trailer are not obstructed along the full length of the trailer.
- Check whether the left and right hand end stops of the moving bulkhead are fitted in the track rails.
- Once the trailer has been loaded, check whether sufficient material has been poured into the floor sheet. This to ensure that the floor sheet is pressed sufficiently against the loading floor and to ensure that the load does not end up underneath the floor sheet or behind the moving bulkhead.
Operation after unloading the moving floor
For the manual version, after unloading, push the movable bulkhead and rug back to the front of the trailer and reattach both correctly with the elastic bands. In the case of an electric or hydraulic retractable moving bulkhead, this will be automatically retracted by the use of the remote control.
Furthermore, if you have this option installed, you can reach the back of the moving bulkhead through the service door at the front. In this way, you can also access the back of the moving bulkhead to maintain it and to clean the upper rail.